Friday, February 26, 2010

email from the BM to husband

i am no longer attending conferences with you..just thought you should know. It's is my job to co-parent with you not you and (stepmom). I have already told you that having her there over steps the lines of what her role is. I tried it once and am not willing to do it again. Since you will not respect me as the mother then this is what is going to happen. BM

Sooooooo yeah - about that whole thing where I write her an email and try to make peace? [see yesterday's 2nd post] I don't think that it would be successful. We attended conferences together in the fall and I thought that things went okay. We all participated, and while BM didn't say anything to me, there was no drama and we were all able to participate.

Here's the problem with her "decision": conferences are next week. She tried to pull the same crap last year and the teacher's rejected her request since these are student-led conferences and the teachers don't have time to do two conferences per kid. Way to plan ahead BM. Nice work. I even asked the girls if it was okay with them if I attended and told them why I was excited to participate. They both said that they were fine with me being there. While the husband doesn't think that I needed to ask them, I thought it would be a good idea and a sign to them that I respect them and their choices. Yes, I would have been crushed if they had said "No," but I wanted to at least have their permission in case BM came back with the assertion that the kids didn't want me there anyways.

Gosh and don't get me started about how I am "over step the lines of what (my) role is." First off -- it doesn't make sense the way she typed it, but whatever. You can't fault someone with her intelligence level. *sigh* Okay - enough with the cattiness. Ummmm I thought that my role was to love the kids, take care of them, provide for them emotionally, physically, help them with homework etc. And then I don't get to attend conferences? Are you kidding me? I do more for them than she ever has. I read to them every night (something that never happened when they were little). I've turned our house into a 'no TV zone' since I know that they watch a TON with her. E's teacher was impressed by how strong she started off the school year, considering that it's taken her until after winter break to get into the groove in previous school years... I wonder what the difference could be? Could it be the kick-butt woman in her life? The one who signed her up for soccer, reads to her each night, expects the most from her? Eh - probably not. It must be something BM is doing.

3 comments:

  1. I would email the teacher privately and explain the situation, give her your contact information and then she could keep you informed of problems with the child. It also couldn't hurt to have your husband put in a good word for you at the conference. Teachers are always happy to have supportive parents and stepparents helping the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully - we have teachers who are caring and they kind of know what's going on with BM. I plan to go to the conference whether or not she gets a separate one. I didn't do anything wrong and am invested in the children's education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am sorry to hear you are going through all this. It doesn't make sense does it? Both of you are supposed to be putting the children FIRST! Sometimes things are uncomfortable but the kids have to come first! I'm not preaching at you, so please don't think that. It just pains me that she can't put her own feeling aside for the sake of her kids!

    ReplyDelete