Monday, February 15, 2010

more often

So I really am going to try to write more. At least it gets the icky thoughts out of my head. That's important these days.

While the husband and I are legally married already (shhh don't tell the kids, the BM, or either of our parents), our wedding is this Saturday. I'm finally really excited about it, as are the kids. It will be nice to finally have this all done and we can move on with our lives. Weddings are fun, but they take up a lot of mental energy. I'm excited to have all of that brain space back.

BM is trying to be the center of attention this week. Nice try. Not going to work dearest. We know what you're up to and we're not going to put up with it anymore. Enough is enough. You evil, mean person. Gosh, I feel like a middle-schooler again. Wanting to scream, "I win! Now leave us alone!" right into her face. *sigh* But I guess I'm an adult now, so such behavior is strictly prohibited. Doesn't mean that it wouldn't feel amazing to do.

I've bought each of the kids scrapbooks and written them letters that will go on the first page. Once we get the wedding pictures back, I'll take some time with each kid and complete them. They're only 10 pages each and they will be mostly pictures. But I want them to have something that's theirs after this is all over. I know that the letters will mean something different to each of them, and I hope that the meaning changes as they grow older. They are such special and unique kids. I'm so lucky to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment